Terms and Conditions
Service + Parts Department
- Conditions relating to jobs carried out in our workshops are detailed on the job instruction form or order and have been pre agreed.
- Payment for the service provided is due at the time of collection unless an alternative method of payment has been agreed prior to commencement of work.
- Ownership of goods shall pass when payment has been received by ourselves (and cheques cleared) and not on delivery.
- All jobs carried out in our workshop will be guaranteed against faulty workmanship pertaining directly to that work for a period 6 months. All manufacturers parts fitted in our workshop will be guaranteed for a period of twelve months unless a longer manufactures guarantee is in place.
- Tates obligations are limited under this guarantee to repair or replacement (at its discretion).
- Parts removed for replacement under the manufacturers warranty automatically become the property of the manufacturer.
- The guarantee does not cover:
Where the work carried out is affected by improper operation of the vehicle, vehicle modification or alteration, extreme natural elements (including fire or flood), accident, neglect, abuse or damage, in all cases whether wilful or otherwise.
Where the vehicle has been used for competition, racing or record attempts.
Wear and tear commensurate with the use and mileage.
Any costs related to vehicle recovery, loss of use of any vehicle, alternate vehicle procurement, or faulty diagnosis.
Work carried out under the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty.
Any consequential or indirect loss or damage, or loss of profits.
Sale of Parts and accessories only
- We reserve the right that goods returned for credit (which have been correctly supplied) are subject to a handling charge. All special orders, correctly supplied parts and parts of non merchantable quality will not be accepted for credit. Credit for exchange units will only be provided if the units are clean and oil free condition in the original box.
- Any damage or invoice discrepancies must be reported at time of collections.
Electrical and painted items cannot be returned for credit unless the component was incorrectly ordered.
All parts have the manufacturers’ parts only warranty, unless stated otherwise.
Portslade Garages Limited, t/a Tates Cars makes every effort to maintain its dedication to retailing excellence for our customers in all aspects of our services and we are constantly looking at ways to improve our service by going the ‘extra mile’.
After nearly 100 years of business in East and West Sussex, we have proved that we are here to stay and provide the very best service we can, so that customers come back time and time again.
However, even with the best relationships, sometimes there are disagreements.
Portslade Garages Limited, t/a Tates Cars is your first port of call should you feel that anything has gone wrong with the service that we provide to you. By filling in and submitting the form on this page, you can leave an enquiry and we will then attempt to resolve your issue as soon as possible.
Tates subscribe to the Motor Codes Industry Code of practise for Service and Repair.
In the event of an unresolved customer dispute we will refer you to Motor Codes Ltd – a CTSI certified Alternative Dispute Resolution provider that we are prepared to engage with through the ADR procedure. Further details can be found at www.motorcodes.co.uk
or alternatively you can contact their advice line on 0800 692 0825.
Any information you provide will be held securely by Tates in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988. In the event of a manufacturer warranty claim your information will be shared with the vehicle manufacturer. The data will also be used by BDM-Voice, our service follow up provider.